VENDORS AND SERVICES
CENTRAL CASHIER PROGRAM
MMPI will provide an optional Central Cashier Program at the show. This convenient and affordable service can streamline your on-site money handling at the show and can benefit you in many ways, specifically by:
- Handling all sales transactions for you for a small fee throughout the duration of the show.
- Filing all required state and local sales tax paperwork for you.
- Accepting payment in the form of cash, check and/or credit card on your behalf.
- Eliminating the risk of storing cash in your booth.
- Providing you with daily detailed sales reports.
All cash proceeds for sales through Saturday evening will be paid in US dollars to the exhibitor on Sunday morning before the opening of the last day of the Show. All additional payment proceeds will be paid out in a check format within fifteen business days after the close of the Show.
Convenient Central Cashier Kiosks will be located strategically on the show floor. Your customer will supply a sales ticket to the cashier, and the cashier will finalize the sale. Once complete, the customer will supply you with a proof of purchase receipt, so they may remove their paid in full item from your booth. If you would like to participate in this service, please complete the Central Cashier Form found at the back of this packet and submit it to MMPI no later than November 10.
For audio visual rentals, please contact Jerry Bernachi at AV Chicago www.avchicago.com.
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOTAPING & BROADCASTING
Photographing, videotaping, filming, or sound recording is prohibited without the prior written consent of Show Management.
A number of food-service providers conveniently located within The Merchandise Mart are prepared to meet your catering requests. Please see most-used catering contacts below. For additional providers, please contact Liz Waters at (312) 527-7061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artisan Cellar Wine & Cheese Contact: Phillip Bernstein (312) 527-5810
- Au Bon Pain, Drop Off Service Contact: Paula or Andrea (312) 755-9779
- Foodstuffs, Full Service Contact: Jay Liberman (847) 328-7710
- Marshall’s Landing, Full Service: Jessica Reno (312) 972-4352
Custom signs including vinyl lettering and other special requests can be ordered from Katherine Frank Creative at www.katherinefrank.com or call Michael at 630.620.7720.
Show security will be on duty 24 hours a day from move-in to move-out, but cannot and should not be counted on to provide more than a presence to inhibit theft. To help provide for the security of your merchandise in your booth, we advise you to staff your booth at all times and not to leave valuables unattended. Any exhibitor requiring special guard services may request such services with the approval of Show Management.
The Merchandise Mart does not provide linens for tables. You can make arrangements for table draping by contacting Stephanie D’Ambrosio with Classic Party Rentals at 708.485.8010. Please see the Forms section of the manual for more information.
All members of the MMPI staff are a team. Show Management requests that exhibitors do not offer gratuity for labor.
BUSINESS SERVICES/SERVICE DESK
The Exhibitor Service Desk, located on the 7th floor, offers business services, including photocopying and faxing. The Service Desk can also respond to questions about shipping, materials handling, and billing, and will be happy to assist you in placing orders for booth services or equipment.
OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR INFORMATION
You have the option of employing your own union labor to assist with the installation of your booth. If you choose to use the services of an outside contractor, we ask that you submit an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form (EAC), please contact Walter Young at (312) 527-7988 or email@example.com for the form.
Exhibitors who wish to employ EACs should make known to them the following guidelines:
- The EAC shall be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in set-up and dismantling on the show floor, and shall have the right to utilize qualified employees registered in advance.
- Services shall not conflict with labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The EAC shall adhere to the rules and regulations in this manual.
- The EAC shall possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $2,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., Merchandise Mart L.L.C., Vornado Realty Trust and Vornado Realty L.P. as additional insured.
- The EAC shall have a true and valid work order from an exhibitor in advance of the show move-in date and shall not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will share with MMPI all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The EAC shall cooperate fully with MMPI, especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor.Any labor personnel working in your booth must be one of the following:
- Your own company personnel (depending on the type of work being done, union labor may be required). See Union Regulations for additional information.
- Exhibitor appointed contractor. EACs must comply with guidelines regarding EACs. See Exhibitor Appointed Contractors for additional information.
- To request MMPI Union Labor, please refer to the Installation/Dismantle Labor Request Form. Additional guidelines regarding Labor should be reviewed on this form.
All orders for dismantling labor must be confirmed no later than 10:00 am on Thursday, December 7.
Various unions claim jurisdiction over all set-up and dismantling of exhibits including carpentry, electrical and material handling to name a few. Your personnel may work along with a union installer, if one is necessary. Please contact Walter Young at (312) 527-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding union regulations.